Monday 21 May 2007

How NOT to be a good Muslim wife

Naomi: He bought them for you?!

Charlotte: Yeah but he bought the wrong ones.

Naomi: A lot of men would never buy female essentials. Masha'Allah I hope you're grateful you've got such a good husband. The other day he went out specially to buy you painkillers instead of saying "You know you get cramps, you go out every other day, couldn't you be prepared and buy some from the shop to keep at home?" And he fills you a hot water bottle when you need it... Not every man would do that for their wife. I hope you don't take that for granted.

Charlotte: Hmm....

[Later on at home.]

Charlotte: Naomi said I should be grateful cos you do that stuff for me. So jazakAllah khair.

Jack: Hmm....

Charlotte: ...Are you happy with me then?!

Jack: Er, why? Didn't you just say it was Naomi's idea..?

* Names have been changed to pretect identity. But the story is true.

6 comments:

Umm Maymoonah said...

Allahu mustaan! ur so cheeky

Saabirah said...

My point is if you're trying to score good-wife brownie points with your husband be clever about it. Even if it's something that'll impress him is not your idea pretend it is, take the credit for it.

Anonymous said...

How about this one?

Wife: Guess what? This is really funny!.. I had a dream that I married Shaykh so and so! Crazy huh?! Well yes, his course is next week, can I go? *Smile*

Husband: *stares blankly at wife* Hmmm.....*looks uncomfortable* No... you can' go. Somebody has to look after the kids.

That's also a true story ^^^^

Saabirah said...

Lol! That actually happened?! Definitely a good example why we should rid ourselves of the idea that telling our husband EVERYTHING is good for our relationship.

Welcome to my blog Nimo (not Nemo) :-).

Rosashe said...

Hihi, this is funny. I agree, dont tell your husband everything, no need really.

Wa-salam
Sheila

Anonymous said...

Good post.